Sync records (from mobile app to web app)
Sync Records from Mobile App to Web App
Once your form is finalized and saved in LogAlto, you need to sync your mobile device with the web app. This step is critical if you want to able to access that record in the form published online.
This process requires an internet connection.
An example scenario
A data collector gathers the data from the field offline. On the field they save the records on the local device, however, a data analyst, who is not in the field, cannot see the data.
Once the data collector gets an internet connection, they sync the forms with the web app. Now the data analyst has access to the records in LogAlto.
How to sync the records
To sync the records with the web app, they must be finalized and saved.
- Confirm that your records are ready to sync, they should be under the SUBMITTED tab, as shown below:
- Click on the back arrow to go back to the main screen (list of forms)
- Click on the sync button in the top right corner
- A pop-up will inform you of how many records are to be sent to LogAlto.
Note that all submitted records are synchronized at the same time. You may not elect to synchronize records from a specific form.
- Once the records are submitted, a pop-up will ask you if you wish to update your forms (in case new forms are accessible to you or modifications have been made to existing forms).
- Once done, your synced records are not under the corresponding tab. Records in LogAlto will be marked as having been submitted by the device's user access over the mobile app.